Sunday 23 September 2012

Lantern Pike

Last weekend I took part in Lantern Pike Fell Race, I've been meaning to blog all week but haven't got round to it. The race starts from Spray House Farm in Little Hayfield as part of the Hayfield show and goes all over the place before heading up Lantern Pike and then back to the farm. It works out about 5.1 miles with 1000 ft of ascent. Two hundred and forty five people took part and I was hoping to at least come in the top 50% and finish in about 42ish minutes. Charlie featured heavily in my race again with him staring strong and me closing the gap and finally catching him on the top of Lantern Pike. I stayed with him on the path down and once we got onto the road I managed to pull away by just letting myself go and flop down the hill. My finish was great, I managed to gain two places in the final 100 yards, the last by a few inches. My time was 42:59 and I was 60th out of the 245. 
I was pleased with my result, even if I was a little slower that I thought I could do, last weekend's 2 races in one day probably had some effect. Also there were a lot of places where I was held up by slower runners because there was nowhere to pass or I was waiting to get over stiles, I could have run it 'tactically' better. Target for next year is 40 minutes!


Staying with Charlie on the descent from Lantern Pike

Me taking things a bit too seriously at the finish


No comments:

Post a Comment